Three charged after ATM blasts in Farnham and Headley
The trio were charged on Wednesday, January 29 with conspiracy to steal and conspiracy to cause explosions likely to endanger life on dates between August 2019 and January 2020.
Cameron Chivers, 22, of Lydgate Road, Southampton; Colin Golding, 24, of Reading Road, Farnborough; and Adam Jones, 29, of Little Abshot Road, Fareham have been remanded in custody to appear before Basingstoke Magistrates Court on Thursday (January 30).
Two others, a 33 year old woman from Farnborough and a 25 year old man from Farnborough, have been released under investigation.
The arrests took place on Tuesday (January 28), as part of a series of dawn raids involving 150 officers at addresses across Hampshire.
The charges relate to 14 incidents where ATMs were targeted, at:
• Stop ‘n’ Shop, Sholing, Southampton on August 14, 2019
• Tesco in Lavender Road, Waterlooville on August 14, 2019
• Cashzone, Headley, East Hants on August 22, 2019
• Santander, Petersfield, East Hants, on August 25, 2019
• Costcutter Store, Farnham, Surrey, on August 25, 2019
• HSBC, Park Gate, Fareham on August 27, 2019
• Coop, Godalming, Surrey on August 31, 2019
• Premier Convenience Store, Brockenhurst, on September 3, 2019
• Post Office, West End, Eastleigh, on September 3, 2019
• Co-op Store, Stubbington, Fareham, on September 9, 2019
• Tesco Express, Bishopstoke, Eastleigh , on September 11, 2019
• Co-op, Spring Road, Sholing, Southampton on January 20, 2020
• Santander, Burgess Road, Southampton, on January 20, 2020
• McColls in High Howe in Bournemouth on January 27, 2020.
The conspiracy to steal charges also relate to three burglaries:
• On November 25, 2019, at Wilton Gardens, Southampton, where a number of items were stolen including a BMW X5
• On August 26, 2019, at Birch Road, Hedge End, where an Audi A5 was stolen.
• Overnight between July 6 and 7, 2019, at Comfrey Close, Farnborough, where an Audi V8 Quattro was stolen but later recovered.
CommentsTo leave a comment you need to create an account. |