Grayswood, Tilford, Blackheath and Elstead all continued their winning starts to the season with victories in Division One of the I’Anson League.

Tilford gained their third league win of the season as they overcame Farncombe by the wide margin of 136 runs.

Captain George Ellis won the toss for the home side and elected to bat first.

The visitors took an early wicket, but Mark Ramesar and Ellis added 34 before the latter was caught behind as Jake Charman took his second wicket.

Opener Ramesar and Henry Marks then forged a steady partnership of 73 to bring the score past 100 before Ramesar fell for a patient 31.

Marks top scored and departed for a fine 56 when he holed out in the deep going for a second six, and the lower order added useful runs as the innings ended on 184 for eight after 45 overs.

Charman took two for 29 and Rowan Poole took two for 28, while the other four wickets were shared around.

Farncombe’s innings started badly as Huw Town-Jones bowled skipper Ryan Luff – who had made a century the previous week – for a duck, and fellow left-armer Jason Stones had success at the other end.

The two bowlers shared the wickets as the Farncombe innings disintegrated to 24 for seven after 13 overs.

Town-Jones took four for ten in his seven overs, and Stones took the last four wickets to finish with figures of six for 21 off nine overs as the visitors were bowled out for 48 after 18 overs.

Some sharp catches were taken – including two each for Ramesar and Dan Wrenn – and no batter made it to double figures in an early finish to the day.

Headley’s first team saw a massive improvement with the bat when they visited league champions Grayswood, although the hosts ultimately won by four wickets to lead the way in Division One.

Having lost the toss and been asked to bat, Headley displayed a new determination with the willow not seen so far this season.

Calvin Bandi (30) led the charge, and having seen off the new ball he allowed Alex Wenban (46) and Gavin Arend (58) to play expansively and ensure the visitors amassed 222 all out off 44 overs.

However, Headley were left to rue not batting out the full allocation of overs and adding a few more runs to the total.

Despite strong quick bowling from the ever-performing Devyn Scott (two for 37 off nine overs), supported by Alex Wenban’s rippers (two for 38 off seven overs), Grayswood surpassed the target in the 43rd over.

Iain Jackson (71) and Peter Millard (45) kept the home side in control throughout, aided by a number of dropped catches and misfields by the away team.

Blackheath made it three wins from three with a two-wicket victory at Puttenham & Wanborough.

Ian Souness (three for 20), Danny Harrison (three for 31) and Will Melhuish (two for 14) impressed with the ball as the home side were bowled out for 91 in the 30th over.

Aziz Bilal (seven for 18) bowled a superb spell to leave Blackheath in deep trouble at 58 for eight, but Alex Bertola (29 not out) and Harrison (five not out) knocked off the remaining runs.

Elstead earned their third win of the season with a 12-run victory against Frensham.

Max Holland (67) top scored as Elstead scored 189 for nine off their allotted 45 overs. George Breddy (87) top scored for Frensham, but the visitors fell short on 177 for seven.

In Division Four, Headley’s second team remain unbeaten after victory at the Bordon & Oakhanger Sports Club against Grayswood’s second team.

The visitors won the toss and elected to bat and started strongly, reaching 60 for two in 20 overs. However, the drinks break affected Grayswood’s momentum and wickets fell regularly thereafter.

Ryan Young, on debut, secured figures of two for 14 off nine overs, including a smart caught and bowled. The evergreen Algie Trotman snaffled three for 41 off nine overs and the metronomic Izaz Ahmed chipped in with a smart two for 12 off four overs.

The final score of 121 for nine seemed achievable for the Headley batters.

Opening pair Rana Rizwan (56) and Matt Joyce (48) took the home side within touching distance of victory, only for a few wickets to tumble prior to the inevitable six-wicket win in the 30th over.