Farnham Town manager Paul Johnson was pleased to see his side pick up another three points in the Combined Counties Premier Division South with victory at Guildford City on Saturday – but admitted he was frustrated with some of the decisions by the match officials.

Town won 3-1 at the Spectrum to remain three points clear of second-placed Knaphill with three games in hand, and extend their winning start in the league to 16 victories from 16 games.

The visitors were quick out of the blocks and took the lead in the third minute when Shamal Edwards skipped around Guildford keeper Mac Chisholm and finished into an empty net.

Farnham were then reduced to ten men just before half-time when Adam Liddle was shown a straight red card following a challenge.

The visitors were undeterred by their numerical disadvantage and doubled their lead just past the hour mark when Ryan Kinnane headed home from Harry Cooksley’s free kick.

Cooksley made it 3-0 when he scored direct from a corner on 86 minutes, before Darnell McDonald pulled a goal back for the home side from the penalty spot late on.

Johnson was delighted with the win, but wasn’t happy with the decision to send Liddle off.

“It should have been a yellow card – his studs weren’t over the top,” said Johnson.

“The Guildford player did Adam with a bit of skill, which made it look worse. The referee went to the linesman, who said it was knee high.

“It was one of many frustrating decisions. Darryl Sanders was booked for kicking the ball out – which I’ve never seen before.

“It was a shame as our disciplinary record has been really good this season.

“It’s also frustrating as Adam will miss the FA Vase game against Bridgwater.”

Johnson was pleased with how his side adapted to going down to ten men.

“We kept it the same, and just had one player up top,” he said. “We stayed in the same shape and did the same things.

“We were comfortable, even when we went down to ten. We were never in any danger.

“Harry’s deliveries were very impressive all game, and we should have scored a couple more from set pieces.

“Guy Hollis and Ryan were both excellent at the back.

“Guy dealt with everything they threw at us and dealt with a lot of long balls and long throw ins.

“Joe Jackson picked up a slight hamstring injury, probably because of the pitch, but he should hopefully be fine.”

Farnham host Redhill in the league on Saturday (3pm), and Johnson is looking forward to the match.

“Redhill is a big game,” he said. “It’s a big month for us with Redhill, the FA Vase game and Croydon.

“On paper, Redhill’s squad is right up there. I expect them to be in the top two.”