Until June 21
- Farnham Art Society Summer Exhibition, 11am-5pm daily, Farnham House Hotel – Over 100 stunning paintings, ceramics and sculpture on display and for sale in the gardens and inside the Cedar Room at this beautiful country hotel venue. See: http://www.farnhamartsociety.org
Until June 25
- Flight Lines, Haslemere Educational Museum – This exhibition follows on from a joint undertaking by the British Trust for Ornithology and the Society of Wildlife Artists, made possible by the generous legacy of the late Haslemere Museum Trustee, Penny Hollow. The exhibition showcases some of the artwork that was created during and after the project, along with examples of bird tracking equipment.
Until June 26
- Surrey Artists Open Studios, various locations – Opportunity to meet Surrey-based artists and find out more about their work, take part in workshops and find inspiring artworks to take home. For more information and pricing visit: https://surreyopenstudios.org.uk/publicity/
Until June 30
- Nature’s neighbours Art Exhibition, Alice Holt Forest, Tuesday to Saturday 9am-5pm – Pop–up art exhibition, artwork available to purchase. FREE event, info available at: https://www.forestryengland.uk/forest–event/events–alice–holt/natures–neighbours–art–exhibition
Saturday, June 18 to Sunday, June 26
- Jane Austen Regency Week Alton – Regency week is back for 2022 with a full program of events, including Regency Day, A Country Dance, book discussions, curator tours and workshops with a program of talks, guided walks and workshops. See https://www.altonherald.com/news/entertainment/altons-jane-austen-regency-week-is-back-starting-this-weekend-551498 for highlights and here http://www.janeaustenregencyweek.co.uk for full listings.
Saturday, June 18 to Sunday, June 19
- Summer Sizzler at The Watercress Line – Celebrate the Great British summer in style at The Watercress Line with delicious food, family fun and live vintage music. Ticket prices apply. See https://watercressline.co.uk/
Saturday, June 18
- Monthly craft market, 10am-2pm, St Mark’s Church, Upper Hale – Art and craft from local artists and crafters. Jewellery, glass, soaps and creams, hats, crochet, textiles, cards, home decor and much more. Refreshments. Free entry. Plus a chance to see the Kitty Milroy murals! Details: 07842 761919.
- Dracula in Space, 7pm, Phoenix Theatre and Arts Centre, Bordon – Bowjangles String Quartet bring music, comedy and theatre together in their new show. Tickets available for £13 at: https://phoenixarts.cloudvenue.co.uk/draculainspace?utm_source=Tickets&utm_medium=Website&utm_campaign=Theatre+Tickets
- The Enchanted Cinema: Jubilee Special, 2.30pm, Farnham Maltings – families participate in a live cinema where musicians create sound effects with voices and instruments provided. Tickets available from £12 at https://farnhammaltings.ticketsolve.com/shows/1173624604/events/428476635/seats?_ga=2.149502774.1017742672.1655113219–635822312.1654679053&zone=Great%20Hall
- Herstory: Farnham Youth Choir Summer Concert, 6-8pm, The Menuhin Hall, Cobham – Award-winning FYC return to the Menuhin Hall, premiering Herstory, commissioned by its composer in residence 2021-22, Russell Hepplewhite, celebrating three brilliant women through history: Caroline Herschel, Mary Anning and Katherine Johnson. Tickets available for £25 at https://themenuhinhall.co.uk/event/herstory–farnham–youth–choir/45600
- Ugly Bugs Ball, 10am-4pm, Alice Holt Forest – A full day of insect festivities ahead of National Insect Week with interactive insect characters. Join in with bug races, party games and quizzes, check out giant bubbles and then relax and watch the amazing Ugly Bug Wingding show for all the family. Show times are 10.45am, 12.45pm and 2.45pm and last around 30 minutes. The cafe will be open, selling drinks and hot and cold food. FREE event. Information available: https://www.forestryengland.uk/forest–event/events–alice–holt/ugly–bugs–ball
- The Clockhouse Summer Fete, 10am-2pm, Chapel Lane, Milford – Come and enjoy all the fun of the fete including stalls of cakes, gifts, books, plants, tombola, cards and activities. There will also be a raffle and refreshments including tea/coffee, Pimms, freshly made hot beef rolls and hot dogs and candy floss! All proceeds of the fete will support The Clockhouse.
Tuesday, June 21
- Colemore House Open Garden for Cardiac Rehab, 6pm until 9pm, Colemore House, Alton – Exclusive summer solstice opportunity to see this “plantsman’s garden” with a guided tour by the owner and an opportunity to visit the neighbouring church too. Proceeds from the night will support Cardiac Rehab. Wine and nibbles included in ticket price of £15 per person. See: https://www.cardiac-rehab.co.uk/shop/event-tickets/open-garden-colemore
Tuesday, June 21 until August 14
- From the Margins exhibition, Gilbert White’s House, Selborne – From barn owls and brown hares, to harvest mice and hairstreak butterflies, this exhibition takes you on a journey of discovery to meet iconic farmland species, here in the South Downs.It is a collaboration between natural history illustrator, Rachel Hudson and the Selborne Landscape Partnership in Hampshire. Free with admission.
Thursday, June 23
- Jane Austen Regency Week: Waking up the house, Jane Austen’s House, Chawton, 9 – 10am – Guided tour of Jane Austen’s house and following Jane’s routine – ‘open shutters, let sunshine into the dusty rooms, and peek into the old attic’. Followed by a light breakfast of tea and toast. Tickets at £16.50, book in advance at http://www.janeaustenregencyweek.co.uk/community/jane–austen–regency–week–13273/events/waking–up–the–house–84018
Friday, June 24
- Rob Newman: Work in Progress, 7.30pm, Phoenix Theatre and Arts Centre, Bordon – Rob Newman tries out new material for his BBC Radio 4 series – Winner ‘Best Scripted Comedy’ for the BBC Audio Drama Awards 2019. Tickets available for £15 at: https://phoenixarts.cloudvenue.co.uk/robertnewmanworkinprogress?utm_source=Ticketing+Site&utm_medium=Website&utm_campaign=Comedy+Tickets
- Busy Buzzy Bees, 10.30am-11.30am,Haslemere Educational Museum – Children can visit the beehive and learn about the bees. Tickets £2 available to book at: https://haslemere–museum.arttickets.org.uk/?t=1655289767789
Saturday, June 25
- Farnham Carnival, Gostrey Meadow fayre 2-9pm, carnival parade 6pm from Upper Hart car park – Fayre celebrating a ‘Royal 70th Jubilee Party’ with multiple bands playing a range of music, a large children’s play area with entertainers, plenty of food and drinks, and the traditional carnival procession through the town centre at 6pm. For more information visit www.farnhamcarnival.org.uk
- Armed Forces Day Memorial Convoy for the Fallen, from 10:40am at the Butts in Alton (plus various viewpoints) – A convoy of military vehicles, to include a veterans coach, will be driving through the town during its 37 mile journey from Fareham to Basingstoke. There will be an official salute in Butts Road and the convoy then takes Ackender Road, Basingstoke Road and the New Odiham Road to Lasham Airfield arriving at approx 11am for a 40 minute stopover. More details at https://www.facebook.com/ArmedForcesDayConvoy2022/
- West End Fest, 10am-late, West End Flower Farm, Upper Froyle – An epic day out for all your family and friends! Two stages, live music 12pm to 12am; food & flowery demos in the demo tent; children’s zone. Details and tickets: https://westendflowerfarm.com
- Romeo & Juliet and Hamlet, 6.30pm, Rural Life Living Museum 440 Theatre – ‘An evening of hilariously fast paced theatre’ set in beautiful surroundings of the museum. Bring a picnic – drinks available from the bar. Tickets available for £14.50 at https://rurallifemuseum.digitickets.co.uk/event–tickets/33454?catID=33390&
- Anytime Artisan: Summer Craft Market, 10am,Farnham Museum – Explore a range of stalls, featuring unique, handcrafted products from local artisans. Enjoy cake and coffee from the museum cafe and relax in the beautiful setting of the museum’s garden gallery and walled gardens. Music will be performed by the North Hampshire Rock and Pop Orchestra. FREE, all ages welcome. The first 50 visitors will receive a free gift!
Sunday, June 26
- Farnham Farmers Market, 10am-1.30pm, Central car park, Farnham – Visit the Farnham Farmers’ Market to buy fresh, local seasonal produce direct from those that grow it, rear it, make it or bake it. Over 35 stalls. Charity tea tent. Entertainment.
- Picnic, Proms and Pop, 12pm-6pm, Gostrey Meadow, Farnham – A family-friendly event featuring live music and a charity tea tent.